One of Lancaster, PA’s greatest assets is its outstanding architectural history. Fortunately, much of this history has been saved for future generations through historic preservation and adaptive reuse efforts, while other pieces of Lancaster’s history have been lost in the name of progress and modernization. Volume 2 explores these relics of our past, so they don’t become forgotten.
More detail. More History.
Lancaster’s history, saved by reuse and lost to progress.
- Bausman Building
- Darmstaetter Building
- Conestoga Steam Cotton Mill #1
- Davidson Building
- Farmers Bank and Trust
- Williamson & Foster
- Hotel Weber
- Keppel & Brothers Confectionery
- Lancaster County Almshouse
- Lancaster Hospital for the Insane
- Leinbach & Co. Department Store
- Miller & Hartmann Grocer
- Northern Trust & Savings Company
- United States Post Office
- Reilly Brothers & Raub
- S. R. Moss Cigar Company
- Stevens High School
- Wheatland Hotel
- F. W. Woolworth Building
Get your copy of the Historic Downtown Lancaster Coloring Book!